The primary mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide oversight and direction for planning, purchasing, installing, and supporting computer hardware and software systems and related equipment for the City.
- Developing a citywide information system
- Ensuring the availability, reliability, and optimal performance of the City's LAN and WAN based systems
- Protecting the City's investment in computers, servers, and related equipment
- Providing adequate safeguards and security of the City's digital information
- Providing end-user training for city staff
- Providing technical support for the City's website
- Troubleshooting hardware and software for city staff
The Information Technology Department is staffed by an information technology manager and a computer technician. These individuals are responsible for all of the City's computer systems including the critical public safety computer systems.