Spring Leaf Pickup
Spring leaf collection will be conducted April 6, 2020 to April 17, 2020. Crews will be out in zones 1-4 during the week of April 6 and in zones 5-8 during the week of April 13. Residents in one of those zones should have their leaves out by the corresponding Monday. Residents can also contact Public Works (563-263-8933) after April 1 to schedule a day for leaf collection.
- Leaves should be placed near, but not beyond the curb and should be within reach of the leaf vacuum. Leaves should be free of tree branches and twigs as they can cause the leaf vacuums to clog up.
- All leaves must be placed outside of fenced areas.
- Leaves are not to be placed in the street to avoid clogging storm drains.
- Leaves should not be placed in street or extend into traffic lanes, thereby creating traffic hazards.
- Leaves should not be placed around obstacles such as mailbox posts, sign posts and light poles.
- Crews will not pick up leaves mixed with debris, logs, branches, rocks, plastic, metal or glass containers, or any other types of refuse.
- Leaves should not be placed on City cul-de-sacs, vacant land or City property except on the public right-of-way along the curb/shoulder area.
The Compost Facility is open for the season!! Hours of operation are Sunday through Friday from 12:00 p.m,. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. Residents of Muscatine and Fruitland can take yard waste to the facility free of charge with a Compost sticker. A fee applies to non-resident and commercial users. Compost Fee Schedule