Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) Overlay Program
UPDATE: MAY 27, 2021
Mother Nature has not been very kind to construction projects in May, especially for the overlaying of city streets and alleys with asphalt which needs a dry surface to adhere to. Milling has been completed and two street sections and several alley sections have been completed.
The base layer has been applied to the two Houser Street segments with the finishing layer expected to be overlaid starting June 1.
Paving of the nine alley and nine street segments, part of the 2020-2021 Street & Alley Asphalt Overlay Project, began May 14 and should be completed by mid-June, weather permitting.
Manatt’s was awarded the contract to complete the 2020-2021 Hot Mix Asphalt Street and Alley Overlay Project during the March 4, 2021, City Council meeting. A pre-construction meeting was held on April 5 to set the schedule for completion of the project by June 30, 2021. Milling is expected to begin on May 3 with all work completed by June 2, weather permitting.
The project was delayed due to the uncertainty of road use tax revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The contract is an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract and some sections could be delayed until the 2021-2022 Pavement Management Program if adequate funds are not available for this contract.
Sections included in FY 2020-2021 contract:
- James place: Parkington to dead end.
- Cypress St: East 2nd St. to Alley
- Washington St: Cypress St. to Walters St.
- Busch St: Hershey Ave. to Mill St.
- Indiana St: Schley Ave. to Benham Ave.
- Benham Ave: Indiana St. to Wisconsin St.
- Dewey Ave: Indiana St. to Oregon St.
- Houser St: Cedar St. to Karen Dr.
- Houser St: Karen Dr. to Mulberry Avenue.
- Alley #1 Hawthorne Lane & Washington St: Orchard Ave. to Park Ave.
- Alley #9 Hawthorne Lane & Parkington Dr: Orchard Ave. to Park Ave.
- Alley #7 Harrison St. & McArthur St: Lincoln Blvd. to Grand Ave.
- Alley #5 Jackson St. & Monroe St: Lincoln Blvd. to Grand Ave
- Alley #8 Cedar St. & Mullberry Ave: 8th St. to 9th St.
- Alley #4 Cedar St. & Walnut St: 7th St. to 8th St.
- Alley #6 Chestnut St. & Iowa Ave: 5th St. to 6th St.
- Alley #3 Pine St. & Linn St: 3rd St. to 4th St.
- Alley #2 Hagerman Dr. & Lorenz St: Terrace Heights Dr. to Roscoe Ave.