Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) Overlay Program
UPDATE: OCTOBER 19, 2021
The milling and asphalt overlay of select street and alley segments, part of the 2021-2022 Hot Mix Asphalt Overlay Project, will begin on Monday (Oct. 25) according to City Engineer Pat Lynch. The six street and six alley segments will be clustered (grouped together) and completed one cluster at a time as long as weather permits.
Brandt Construction Company was awarded the $485,305 contract at the October 7 City Council meeting. Funds for the project come from revenue budgeted from the Road Use Tax and Local Option Sales Tax. Actual quantities for this project will be modified (increased or decreased) to fit within the budget set for this project.
Segments not completed prior to the winter shutdown will be completed in Spring 2022. The contractor has until June 3, 2022 to complete the contract.
City streets and alleys are evaluated throughout the year and ranked according to a matrix developed to rate the streets and alleys on several factors including future utility work planned, ease of construction, traffic counts, pavement condition, leverage (external funding), remaining life of pavement, and cost of construction.
List of Streets:
- Fair Acres Drive (Bidwell Road to Crestline Drive)
- Robin Road (Bidwell Road to Sunrise Circle)
- Bartlett Street (Mulberry Avenue to Cedar Street)
- Railroad Avenue (Sampson Street to Schley Avenue)
- Wallace Street (LB Trailer Court to Indiana Street)
- 5th Street (Mulberry Avenue to Cypress Street)
List of Alleys:
- Lincoln Boulevard & Grand Avenue (Clay Street to Jackson Street)
- Lake Park Boulevard & McArthur Street (2nd Avenue to Lake Park Boulevard)
- Taylor Street & Clinton Street (New Hampshire Street to Hershey Avenue)
- #2 Alley (Linn Street to Pine Street)
- Mary Place & Orchard Avenue (Orchard Avenue to Dead End)
- #10 Alley (Spring Street to Poplar Street)