Dog Park Usage Regulations
- The dog park is open daily from dawn until dusk unless closed for maintenance.
- Dogs must be in view and under control of their handler at all times
- All handlers must be 16 years of age and have a leash in hand at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult.
- Handlers are REQUIRED to pick up and dispose of their dog’s waste.
- No more than two dogs per handler.
- Dogs CANNOT be left alone in the dog park.
- Handlers must stop their dog from digging and must fill any holes their dog creates.
- Dogs that consistently exhibit dominant aggressive behavior, that regularly do not come when called, that play too rough, and/or that cannot control their barking must be removed from the park immediately and without debate.
- Water is provided at the dog park. Please do not bring in water bowls or leave toys behind as they have been proven to potentially spread disease.
- All dogs must have a valid rabies vaccination tag (Iowa Code §351.35)
- All dogs belonging to City of Muscatine residents must have a valid city license tag (Muscatine City Code Section 6-9-2)
- Bicycles, skates, or rollerblades
- Strollers and baby carriages
- Dog treats and rawhides
- Food (dog or human)
- Smoking and use of any products tobacco or their like.
- Sports activities.
- Dog training classes.
- Business uses.
- Any dog which has the appearance and characteristics of being predominantly of the breeds of Staffordshire terrier, American pit bull terrier, or American Staffordshire terrier. (Muscatine City Code Section 6-9-2)
- Dogs under five months of age.
- Female dogs in heat.
A Permit must be displayed while using the park including annual membership and/or visitor pass
For more information on the dog park and how to obtain a permit contact the Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department at 563.263.0241.
- Dogs must be on a leash when outside the designated off-leash areas.
- Only remove and apply leash while your dog is in the staging area.
- Do not enter the designated off-leash areas with your dog on leash
The use of the facility is at the participant’s sole risk. The dog park is unsupervised and the City cannot control the behavior of any one animal at any one time.
Please contact the Muscatine Police Department at 563-263-9922 for non-emergency and 911 for emergency situations.