In November of 2016 the City Council implemented a policy to remove permanent speed bumps from city roadways. During the summer of 2017 all permanent speed bumps were removed from city streets. Residents may still request installation of temporary speed bumps to draw attention to posted speed limits. The policy for this request is outlined below:
1. The resident should supply their name, address, requested location and reason for the temporary speed bump to the Public Works Department.
2. Requests for temporary speed bumps will be referred to the Traffic Committee for consideration of installation.
3. Upon approval of the Traffic Committee, and based on availability of material, temporary speed bumps may be installed for a period of up to 30 days.
4. No temporary speed bumps will be installed during the winter season.
5. All temporary speed bumps will be removed prior to the first anticipated snow removal.
Questions about this policy may be directed to the Public Works Department at 1459 Washington Street. 563-263-8933.